ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES
DEADLINE: JUNE 11, 2021
MAXIMUM GRANT PER BUSINESS
- Total amount to be distributed to Talbot County business: $3,082.63
- Award amount to be determined by the number of qualified applicants who apply.
ELIGIBILITY FOR BUSINESSES
- Must be located in Talbot County and currently in operation.
- Established prior to March 9, 2020.
- Must be registered and in good standing in the State of Maryland.
- Priority will be given to businesses that have NOT received COVID-19 Business Relief Grant from the State of Maryland.
- Must not be delinquent on any taxes.
- Limited to organizations with 20 employees or less, excluding the owner.
- Must be used for expenses incurred between March 16, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
Excluded business operations include real estate investment firms, firms involved in speculative activities, dealers of rare coins and stamps, firms involved in lending activities, pyramid sales plans, firms involved in illegal activities, gambling activities, charitable institutions other than 501(c)3 organizations, government-owned corporations, consumer and marketing cooperatives, and churches and organizations promoting religious objectives.
- Expenses incurred after March 2020 to establish or expand online sales and/or telework during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applications will be accepted by the Talbot County Department of Economic Development and Tourism, 11 S. Harrison Street, Easton, MD 21601.
- Completed forms may be submitted online.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Talbot CARES Small Business Grant Task Force.
- Completed application form.
- Description of the business expansion efforts.
- Invoice(s) and proof of payment (cancelled check, bank statement, or credit card statement) for qualifying expenditures.
- Financial information
- W-9 IRS Form
- Certification under penalty that all information is correct.
- No final report is required. Invoices and proof of payment must be submitted before grant funds are distributed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Cassandra M. Vanhooser, Director, Talbot County Department of Economic Development and Tourism at (410) 770-8000; email firstname.lastname@example.org.